C4D named one of the world's best design schools by BusinessWeek
Design Driven Open Innovation Club
There is considerable activity in the broad field of creativity, innovation process and management.
Within this we believe there is scope to bring design driven approaches to bear on the front-end creative innovation process. Design is the currency of the consumer in today’s world and can take the functional to another level.
Consequently we have developed design driven tools that can be applied at this front-end.These concentrate on unlocking consumer needs, translating them into innovative insights and then embedding them into functionally and emotionally innovative products and services. At the heart of Aperto’s design driven approach is the creative application of new and emergent technologies from within and outside its membership.
Aperto will create a vibrant open innovation environment for members to:
• enhance their awareness and understanding of design driven tools and practices for front-end creativity
• share their innovation programme opportunities for peer-review and potentially for collaboration on solutions
Integral to the processes are the creative, design, technical and business functions of Cranfield, the leading postgraduate only University in the UK who will support the initiative.
To bring together a network of world-class organisations interested in a consumer centered, design driven approach to open innovation, focusing on:
• Exploring common interests
• Creating a platform for critical debate and new ideas
• Sharing open innovation best practices
• Translating shared knowledge into innovation opportunities
• Facilitating and undertaking collaborative projects and activities between members
• Provide a network that facilitates design driven open innovation activities
• Undertake research activities that will help to unlock opportunities and enhance the performance of members activities
• Develop usable tools that help undertake design driven open innovation within teams, projects and organisations
• Facilitate knowledge transfer to help foster and embed design driven open innovation practices within people, projects and organisations
• Create a platform for sharing, developing and evaluating collaborative opportunities
• £5K annual support
• Attend a minimum of two forums per year
• Share issues and ideas
• Agree to openly collaborate
Aperto has been founded by:
Prof Roy Sandbach from P&G
Prof Simon Bolton from C4D